CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Derek!
Yesterday was Derek's birthday and wow, what a great day! Derek and I both got work off and had the most enjoyable day. I kept thinking to myself... Man, I could do this everyday! I know that a day off was much needed and if I had everyday off I would not enjoy my time so much but wow, it felt nice!


I woke up early (semi-early:)) and decorated our house for Derek! I was so excited about decorating for him I could hardly sleep. I woke up probably five times and would check the time or the color of the sky to see if I should get up yet and decorate. Anyway, I learned a great lesson... you get what you pay for. Haha! Look at this Happy Birthday sign from the dollar store. Anything look a little off? How about the double A at the end of birthday!

I ended up just getting caught up in the birthday spirit and went to the store after decorating to get supplies for a nice breakfast in bed for Derek. He ended up waking up and doing homework while I cooked breakfast but we went back in bed to eat breakfast!


Here is the nice "cake" I made for Derek. Derek and I are not the biggest fans of cake, so I decided to make his favorite desert instead... FRUIT PIZZA! I made a cute 23 out of grapes because I felt like I needed to practice my creative skills before baby comes!


Speaking of baby! Here's the bump! I know it's not very big, but baby is growing everyday! I am already a proud parent... I went to the doctor today and baby had a strong heart beat! I was so PROUD! I'm serious too, I am proud of my little nugglet for working so hard to develop and grow!






3 comments:

Ashlee said...

I love misspelled birthday signs, can I have it?! ;)

Elisa Allen said...

Ummm.....not much of a bump, but pretty darn cute anyways! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

Elisa Allen said...

P.S. I laughed so hard at the birthday sign.